Re: US State taxes

Hi Mark,
The Fl tax department did not consider it a grey area and actually gave us a letter confirming we had no liability for Fl sales tax. And when we returned to the US (in Fl), again, there was no question that we had any sales tax liability whatsoever. They do not consider this "avoiding tax", which carries a, shall-we-say, shady connotation. In fact, it's just the opposite; they consider it being in full compliance with the FL tax laws. The end result was that we paid 0% sales tax on our Amel AND were in 100% compliance with all state tax laws - nothin' shady or grey or risky or dodgy or whatever.
Craig