Re: US State taxes

Hi John,
I just did a quick scan on SC's boat tax website and see what you point out, that they don't title/register USCG documented boa. I then looked at FL and it seems they may have changed their tax laws about 2011 and would, indeed, collect tax on your boat. So our situation of no sales tax, having bought the boat in FL in 1999, may no longer be the case, as Mark suggested.

My suggestion would be to call the FL Sales Tax department in Tallahassee, try to get to the manager of the boat/yacht division and discuss it with him, which is what I did.

Craig, SN68