Re: Outhaul shaft removal

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

On 05 MarHi,

Hi Barry

In Shelter Bay Marina Colon, Panama I was addressing this problem. I approached the yard asking for a man with a gas torch to heat it. Instead I got a big man with a big hammer and a puller. The result was a shattered housing. We were 36 hours from transiting the Canal. Fun.  He then used the gas torch as I had asked and it slipped off. So in my opinion beware a big man with a big hammer. I advised everyone after this to regularly remove and lanacote this shaft and avoid this issue forever. If done regularly it slips out easily.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

ch 2019 at 10:35 seagasm <seagasm@...> wrote:
OK, so how difficult to re-assemble it? do you have to use such force?

Kind Regards
Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM#171