Re: DR or Turks and Caicos

James Cromie

Currently, blue haven has only been offering floating docks and without water or electricity.  This is as of February 4 when I was at TCI.  Instead, I stayed at Turtle Cove. It was $.55/ft daily rate and water/electricity was very reasonable.  It is shallow in places so make sure they give you an appropriate slip.
Definitely use their complimentary pilot service for entering. It is very circuitous and tricky.  Also, you may brush bottom at low tide.  I read ,2.2m at the shallowest point and that was half tide.

There are a few good places to eat within walking distance.

James
Soteria
Sm2k 347

On Mar 5, 2019 18:59, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:
On Providenciales in the T&Cs, there is a nice upscale marina called Blue Haven.

A more reasonably priced option is Turtle Cove, also on Providenciales.

Both are well protected. You will need to get piloted in through the reef, especially for your first time. You will need car to get anywhere but there lots of services and shops.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi all I’m looking for a good marina in either the Dominican republic or Turks and Keyko‘s for my travels back to the states from the Virgin Islands would appreciate any feedback thank you.
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101
St Thomas