Re: DR or Turks and Caicos

Mark Erdos

Second vote for Turtle Cove on Providenciales, Turks and Caicos!!! As Ian said, be sure to take full advantage of the free pilot boat. It is a tight narrow channel with lots of reefs. Marina is very sheltered and offers great protection.

This is a big touristy island with a lot of resorts so there are plenty of flight choices.

The marina is not much to look at but it is centrally located. Walk to grocery and tons of restaurants. Car rental on site. Napa and hardware store also within walking distance. Or, use jitneys for about $3 to anywhere on the island.

Blue Haven is really nice but I don’t think they are fully operational yet due to damage from the hurricanes.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ian Townsend
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:59 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] DR or Turks and Caicos

On Providenciales in the T&Cs, there is a nice upscale marina called Blue Haven. 

A more reasonably priced option is Turtle Cove, also on Providenciales.

Both are well protected. You will need to get piloted in through the reef, especially for your first time. You will need car to get anywhere but there lots of services and shops. 

Ian & Margaret

S/V Loca Lola II 

SM153

Exumas, Bahamas

On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi all I’m looking for a good marina in either the Dominican republic or Turks and Keyko‘s for my travels back to the states from the Virgin Islands would appreciate any feedback thank you.
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101
St Thomas
Independent Boat Yard

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.