Re: Bow locker floor replacement.....

Warren Traill

Thanks Craig. We have to replace our hawse pipe too. Good information. What diameter of PVC did you use?

And could you possibly put up a photo of your finished job?

Cheers,

Warren

Manon2

Sharki#15

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Craig Briggs via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, 6 March 2019 9:48 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow locker floor replacement.....

Hello Thomas,
I replaced my hawse pipe with Schedule 80 PVC pipe 3 or 4 years ago (you can search my posts and find more detail.)  Schedule 80 is a little thicker than Schedule 40 and so far it is perfect - no visible wear after - just guessing - 100 anchorings. It was not available at the usual "big box' stores like Home Depot or Lowes, but I found it at a lawn sprinkler supplier. An option might be the grey PVC electrical conduit which is easy to find and inexpensive. Frankly, I would not hesitate to use Schedule 40 - it is all pretty tough stuff and it would not be a big job to replace after a few years if it were to wear. It is totally compatible with polyester resin and fiberglass to fasten it in to your locker floor replacement panels. 
Craig SN68 Sangaris.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.