Marco UP6/E pump and MASS+ light

Scott SV Tengah

Hi all,

I've been using the Marco UP6/E pump for domestic water for almost 6 months now. I've been quite happy with it. I regularly check the Mass- and Mass+ switch on my A54 to ensure no electrical leaks.

This evening, I checked and got a Mass+ light, clear and bright. Luckily, I was able to quickly isolate it by turning off the freshwater water pump on the 24v circuit breaker panel. The only way I could get rid of the Mass+ light was remove the bonding wire from the pump body. Do you know what may cause the Marco pump to all of the sudden create continuity between + and the pump body?

I had a small leak from the watermaker hoses so some salt water got on the Marco pump, but could that cause a short somewhere and cause the pump body to be + energized?

As an aside, had some issues with the smart sensor positive lead (between smart pressure sensor and pump itself) keeping the Amel 24v panel freshwater pump light on permanently. We couldn't figure it out so I just moved on and dealt with the 24v panel freshwater pump light being on all the time. Has anyone else using the Marco pumps figured out how to wire this so the Amel 24v panel light only comes on when the pump is being operated? Also, to test to see if this was causing the Mass+ fault, I cut the wire. The 24v panel freshwater pump light obviously is no longer on, but the Mass+ light remained.

Any thoughts on the Mass+ light or getting the Amel 24V panel freshwater pump light to work properly with this pump would be appreciated!

-Scott
A54 #69 Tengah