Re: Bow locker floor replacement.....

James Alton

Thomas,

     PVC could work but I was envisioning using a more slippery plastic than PVC for the sacrificial plastic bushing.  Perhaps Nylon?  I would suggest shaping the part without any square edges for the chain to catch on with a good size flange that would rest on the bottom face of the anchor locker.  It may be difficult to find anything that fits the ID of your PVC pipe since things are generally sized to fit the outside of PVC pipe, hence this would probably be a custom part turned on a lathe.  The good news is that you could probably install the bushing at a later date giving you time to find or have something made and shipped to you which  could save you that bone jarring ride.

Best of luck,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Mar 8, 2019, at 7:02 AM, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

James- I like your idea, although it sends me on a 45 minute bone jarring cab ride here in Colon, Panama to a ferreteria. Would you make it out of pvc or something else ?