Re: propeller Zinc

Paul Stascavage

When we purchased RK she was equipped with the zinc on the auto prop and the bonding system was tested and intact. A short time after moving aboard, I noticed the main bonding wire had become detached from the rudder post and I corrected this immediately. We hauled for paint no too long afterwards and I was glad we had that zinc on the prop. Approximately 25 percent was gone.

I have no idea how long that bonding wire was disconnected but I don’t think it could have been much more than a couple months. In my opinion I think the prop zinc is a good backup for ‘just in case’ situations.

All the Best,

Paul Stascavage
S/V Rita Kathryn SM #466

RitaKathryn.com