Re: Maramu anchor and chain suggestions

Gary Silver

Colin and Lauren:

I know of several people who have had their chain done by Buzz Parlato of Lighthouse Marine in St. Thomas. Cell 340-334-3117, email lighthouse at islands dot vi.     Evidently you specify the chain you want, go bow in to a slip in Crown Bay Marina, at Charlotte Amalie,  they come on the dock with the chain, strip your old chain, load the new chain, and haul away your old chain.  Those I have heard from say it is seamless and easy.  Once I calculated the weight of 80 meters of 10 mm chain and it seems like it was something like 800 lbs. so doing the job myself is something I wasn't looking forward to.  I haven't used these folks personally but I think Joe Nance did.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 #335
Puerto Rico