Re: Maramu anchor and chain suggestions

Gary Silver

James:

I have had a Spade anchor on Liahona (Amel SM 2000) for about 8 years;  I can't recall the size (weight) I bought but it is roughly the equivalent size of the SS CQG anchor the boat came new with.  It fits the bow roller well.  I will try and find a picture to post.  This Spade sets the first time every time everywhere I have been in the Caribbean.  The only time it drug was when I hooked an underwater cable and it slid along the cable. The original CQR anchor that came with the boat was pretty, never rusted etc but it was a nightmare to set in the same places.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Puerto Rico