Re: Sharki shaft alternator

marklesparkle59

Thank you Gerhard this is very interesting and useful information. I am compiling an inventory of my Sharki, do you think it is something all Sharki owners would contribute to and use? It could be invaluable for maintenance, replacing equipment and best practise tips. Do owners already have them? 
Incidentally Sea Hobo will welcome visitors from the EU and the rest of the world while we sort out our appalling attitudes on our forlorn little island.
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 14/03/2019 12:45 (GMT+00:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Sharki shaft alternator

Mark
Coming back to your picture of the gearbox.
I have been searching now for my gearbox sticker but it was difficult to read because this sticker was at baboard side of the gearbox.
As far as I can see the manufacturer is "Hurth" and the type should be "HBW-20-3R". Type HBW-20 is for sure but the ratio (3R) is guessed only because so hard to read.
However it is the same gearbox you have. The oil type is ATF-A and the oil quantity should be 0.3 liters. On top of the gearbox is no ID plate but only the ATF-A sticker.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.