Re: Solar Panel Arches

Patrick McAneny

Jose, I was the first one to buy and install an Atlantic arch,it is my boat on their website. We have sailed thousands of miles and make short passages ,between the islands with dingy and outboard on the arch and it handles it fine. I had to stand in the dinghy to clear fish line from the wind generator for an hour ,no problem. I think it’s important to brace any arch laterally and also hoist the dinghy with diagonal lines and lines pulling it in tight to the arch. In rough seas our dinghy does not move in any direction,reducing shock loads. I built my own davit and solar platform from s.s. tubing,very robust .
Pat
SM Shenanigans
Nevis