Re: Engine room lining on Amel 54

Courtney Gorman

One thing not to do is to try and cover it up with either black duct tape or black gorilla tape this is what was done in my boat before I bought it to make it look nice however the weight of the tape and the fact that much of it is applied to thin blackFilm on the soundproofing causes it to fall off in big chunks and make a big mess I think the best idea is to remove it all has been stated before with the vacuum cleaner and then possibly there’s some type of material we could then paint or seal it with maybe something on the lines of rhino liner

On Mar 15, 2019, at 12:00 PM, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

The black film deteriorates much faster in the tropics. Mine is almost completely gone but that is because I used a vacuum cleaner to get it off. I hated to be covered in black flakes everytime I entered the engine bay.

I’m thinking about using some dinghy-paint to redcoat the foam, using a paint roller. Let me know what you think.

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121