Re: Engine room lining on Amel 54

Mark & Debbie Mueller

We have the same problem, black dandruff coming off everywhere.  I believe the idea was to provide a water and oil resistant surface in the equipment space.  Good idea by Amel, poorly executed.  To that end I have used the Flex Seal spray on product, it seems to work well so far.  Like others I have had to remove the duct tape applied over the original black coating by the prior owner.  I don’t understand why anyone would think applying tape over a surface that is falling off would accomplish anything.  Oh well……

Mark Mueller

Brass Ring  A54