Re: [Amel] bilge pump

peter pappas <pjppappas@...>

I replaced the flaps. I hand cut the flaps to match form a stock piece of rubber sheeting that I purchased at a hardware store. The old flaps had lost their elasticity and would not close fully. peter pappas sm 369 Puesto de sol Nicaragua

--- On Sun, 11/23/08, sailw32 <sailw32@aol.com> wrote:

From: sailw32 <sailw32@aol.com>
Subject: [Amel] bilge pump
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 3:28 PM
I have a Jabsco diaghram bilge pump.The motor is fine ,the
diaghram is
new the flaps operational and yet I have not been able to
get it to
pump water.I've primed it and done everything to no
avail.My question
is has other owners had problems with their pumps and has
anyone
changed out to some other arrangement.It seems like quite a
vertical
lift for the diameter of the hose. Thanks,Pat S/M
Shenanigans