Re: Lee Sails or equivalent

Miles,

Some people who have had experience with Lee Sails may give a favorable answer because the Lee Sails they received were much better than the worn sails they replaced and the sails the Lee Sails were cheaper than anything else they could buy. However, that experience is no basis for comparison to other sails made by other sailmakers. Regarding Lee Sails, I have seen their sails installed on 2 SMs. They were not only cut the wrong size, but they were the worst made new sails I have ever seen...and I have seen plenty.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 2:16 PM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello

Does anyone have any experience of Lee Sails?

We are considering them as an almost half price alternative for UK manufactured sails.

Normally we get what we pay to a degree  but the price difference is enough for me to pause and consider.

Our Maramu has the single spreader isomat masts without furler ( just slab reefing ) so reasonably simple sails

I am being quoted for fully battened with cars that go into the mast luff box - we have them currently and they work ok.

Any thoughts or experience most welcome

Many thanks

Miles
Maramu 162