locked Re: Paying for our group through Advertising

James Alton

Bill,

   I don’t object to Wiki advertising in the area shown at the top of the help page and will place my vote accordingly.  I would however be against adding any kind of pop up ads or any other type of advertising of that nature.  If this idea is voted down by the group, I am interested in directly helping to support the cost of running the forum so long as the amount is not a large amount.

Best,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Mar 19, 2019, at 11:12 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

I think most you that answer NO are answering NO to advertising.

That is not the POLL.

The Poll is advertising on a banner at the top of the help page (Wiki) only and that revenue going to the cost of groups.io.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:09 AM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I tried to write the Poll as something that would be general and the vote would be to do it or not, rather than a vote on which supplier should be allowed.

The group needs runway and stability rather than pitching in here by one or more members.

I suggested the Wiki because you only see that page when you click on it for help.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:39 AM Rink De Haan <rinkdehaan@...> wrote:
I agree with Craig. Willing to pay to keep the site running.

Cheers
Rink de Haan
SM2k #330
Greece