Re: Lee Sails or equivalent

smiles bernard

Hi Dennis
Thanks very much for this information
Very helpful and clarifies my thinking
I now have good quotes for Q and UK sailmakers
So thanks for everyone’s help - very much appreciated

All the best
Miles

On 19 Mar 2019, at 13:09, sbmesasailor via Groups.Io <sbmesasailor@...> wrote:

Hi Miles,

I had Lee Sails make my replacements before heading out on our round the world adventure.  The good news is they were cheap and they wore well (still being used after 8 years of exposure).  The bad news is as Bill has reported, they were cut poorly and needed modification upon installation.  I was installing a lot of other critical equipment on the boat at the time and couldn't justify properly made/custom made sails.  I will not use Lee Sails for my next replacement.

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu #121