locked Re: Paying for our group through Advertising

Pen Azen is not for sale--but I think Duncan's suggestion is worth serious consideration. This website, the wise counsel of Olivier and Joel , the engagement of Bill and the Yacht School  and the input from a whole host of knowledgeable owners, have undoubtedly  added to the attraction of owning an Amel from every aspect, not least the value of each boat. An extension of the kind that Duncan suggests would  go to reinforce that attraction.
 Depending on the volume of sales we might need two surveyors, one in Europe and one in the US. Having two who confer might make their reputations even stronger.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...>
Sent: 20 March 2019 13:43
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Paying for our group through Advertising

I rather agree and Carango is currently for sale with Amel la Rochelle.

Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In La Rochelle

On 20 Mar 2019, at 13:30, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

I think Duncan’s idea has a lot of merit.

Nick

Amelia (Amel 54-019)
On 20 Mar 2019, at 13:26, Duncan Hagemeyer <wdhagemeyer@...> wrote:

I have a suggestion.  I own hull #9 Amel 54.  I have not bee very active over the years in this group as my boat is very lightly used.  Now health issues have me considering selling her.  I have seen the passion from the Ameld'ians' and their love for this great brand.  Why not create a listing service for boats that are on the market.  I'm not talking about cutting out broker/dealers per se.  They can provide a great service during the sales transaction process.  But there is no group that will ever sell the Amel brand better than the owners of Amel boats.  All boats eventually get sold and all new buyers need to have a place where they can get great - honest - knowledgeable advice on all the issues related to used Amel yachts.  I would gladly list a boat with a broker with the stipulation that a small percent goes t the Amel Owners Group.  Frankly, I'd rather pay another owner a fee if they matched up my boat with a new owner.  Another bit of advice....the Amel is a unique boat and there really does need to be an unbiased surveyor that can assess an Amel that is offered for sale.  Since  I was diagnosed with bladder cancer I have had 2 surveys done and the valuation was over 20% variation.  Some of the fees collected by the Amel Owners Group could be used to fund a qualified surveyor.  As a seller I would love to have this person assess my boat and advice what needs to be done to bring the boat to a standard that the next owner knows precisely what they are buying and why they need to pay a price.

Duncan Hagemeyer
Dreamtime II
Antigua

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:46 AM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Agree with below.

I also would have no problem chipping in but that is now and maybe a only group of us willing to do so.

We don’t know what happens 5 or 10 years down the road; although Bill paid for the next 5 years 😊.

As far as the revenue: I leave that up to the guys now managing the site. They are capable enough; no need for me to micromanage in addition to managing/maintaining my boat.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT A54 #128

NOUMEA NEW CALEDONIA

March 19, 2019 08:44:48