locked Re: Paying for our group through Advertising

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Pen Azen is not for sale--but I think Duncan's suggestion is worth serious consideration. This website, the wise counsel of Olivier and Joel , the engagement of Bill and the Yacht School  and the input from a whole host of knowledgeable owners, have undoubtedly  added to the attraction of owning an Amel from every aspect, not least the value of each boat. An extension of the kind that Duncan suggests would  go to reinforce that attraction.
 Depending on the volume of sales we might need two surveyors, one in Europe and one in the US. Having two who confer might make their reputations even stronger.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...>
Sent: 20 March 2019 13:43
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Paying for our group through Advertising

I rather agree and Carango is currently for sale with Amel la Rochelle.

Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In La Rochelle

On 20 Mar 2019, at 13:30, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

I think Duncan’s idea has a lot of merit.

Nick

Amelia (Amel 54-019)
On 20 Mar 2019, at 13:26, Duncan Hagemeyer <wdhagemeyer@...> wrote:

I have a suggestion.  I own hull #9 Amel 54.  I have not bee very active over the years in this group as my boat is very lightly used.  Now health issues have me considering selling her.  I have seen the passion from the Ameld'ians' and their love for this great brand.  Why not create a listing service for boats that are on the market.  I'm not talking about cutting out broker/dealers per se.  They can provide a great service during the sales transaction process.  But there is no group that will ever sell the Amel brand better than the owners of Amel boats.  All boats eventually get sold and all new buyers need to have a place where they can get great - honest - knowledgeable advice on all the issues related to used Amel yachts.  I would gladly list a boat with a broker with the stipulation that a small percent goes t the Amel Owners Group.  Frankly, I'd rather pay another owner a fee if they matched up my boat with a new owner.  Another bit of advice....the Amel is a unique boat and there really does need to be an unbiased surveyor that can assess an Amel that is offered for sale.  Since  I was diagnosed with bladder cancer I have had 2 surveys done and the valuation was over 20% variation.  Some of the fees collected by the Amel Owners Group could be used to fund a qualified surveyor.  As a seller I would love to have this person assess my boat and advice what needs to be done to bring the boat to a standard that the next owner knows precisely what they are buying and why they need to pay a price.  

Duncan Hagemeyer
Dreamtime II
Antigua

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:46 AM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Agree with below.

I also would have no problem chipping in but that is now and maybe a only group of us willing to do so.

We don’t know what happens 5 or 10 years down the road; although Bill paid for the next 5 years 😊.

As far as the revenue: I leave that up to the guys now managing the site. They are capable enough; no need for me to micromanage in addition to managing/maintaining my boat.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT A54 #128

NOUMEA NEW CALEDONIA

March 19, 2019 08:44:48

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 08:12
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Paying for our group through Advertising

I think most you that answer NO are answering NO to advertising.

That is not the POLL.

The Poll is advertising on a banner at the top of the help page (Wiki) only and that revenue going to the cost of groups.io.

Best,

Bill Rouse

720 Winnie St.

Galveston, Texas 77550

832-380-4970

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:09 AM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

I tried to write the Poll as something that would be general and the vote would be to do it or not, rather than a vote on which supplier should be allowed.

The group needs runway and stability rather than pitching in here by one or more members.

I suggested the Wiki because you only see that page when you click on it for help.

Best,

Bill Rouse

720 Winnie St.

Galveston, Texas 77550

832-380-4970

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:39 AM Rink De Haan <rinkdehaan@...> wrote:

I agree with Craig. Willing to pay to keep the site running.

Cheers 

Rink de Haan

SM2k #330

Greece

Van: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io namens Craig Briggs via Groups.Io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io>
Verzonden: dinsdag, maart 19, 2019 3:31 PM
Aan: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Paying for our group through Advertising 

Hi Bill,
I voted "no", only because "ambivalent" was not a choice, but would appreciate a bit more info.  
Seems a pretty limited audience for advertising, albeit possibly an audience that is ripe-for-pickin' and therefore attractive to the advertiser. I do wonder about the ongoing value, however, especially after a few months of the same vendor splashing out on a big piece of the website page - seems it could quickly become "ho-hum" and then annoying. 
How much are we talking - I'd be happy to chip in to keep the site clean, and I suspect others would, too. 
Who is the advertiser (not sure that needs to be confidential, but you may be).
Craig Briggs SN68 SANGARIS 

-- 
Duncan Hagemeyer
24 Rock Creek Road
Emigrant, MT  59027

1-615-478-6006

1-406-848-9866  Ashling Ranch

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.