Re: Dual Pre Filters for Fuel

Ryan Meador

Our boat's original owner installed a dual filter long ago, a Racor 75500MAX. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. I'm pretty sure it never gave him any trouble and it hasn't given us any either. It's mounted only a bit higher than the original filter, slightly above and to the right (inboard) of it.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
En route to Spanish Wells, Bahamas

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, 4:45 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi Alan,

Ooops. You are correct.  In our case, we run both the genset and the Volvo on one filter.  I change over whenever I note grunge or when changing the little element filter at the top.

Mounted on a SS plate installed on the stbd side of the engine bearer… lined up to the aft portion of the gearbox.

Works very well.

Jean-Pierre Germain, ELEUTHERA, SM007

On 20 Mar 2019, at 02:11, Alan Woody Wood <woody@...> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 08:07 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre wrote:
Jean-Pierre, did you mean the 75/500?