locked Re: Paying for our group through Advertising

Dean Gillies

Interesting thread.
Personally, I do not like the idea of advertising by a sponsor.  With sponsorship, particularly narrow sponsorship, comes the expectation of the sponsor (sooner or later), which is not necessarily unmanageable, but inevitably causes strife.

Maybe the group could consider a more broadly based revenue stream such as a ‘directory’, where a range of individual suppliers can be listed in return for a small fee, which cumulatively pays the groups.io site fees.  This model is possibly less likely to suffer from the demands of a single large sponsor, may be more robust in terms of cash-flow  and would possibly be more useful to owners.

Bill, are we considering the implementation of this revenue generation idea immediately?

Dean
SY STELLA
A54-154