Re: Long term storage options in southern Caribbean

Mark Erdos

Grenada is not impacted by the Venezuela instability, neither are the ABC’s.

The passage from Grenada to Trinidad and Tobago has become a little dodgy. The Coast Guard is asking for float plans of vessels making the passage so they can keep an eye on them. When passage making to the ABCs it is best to give Venezuela a wide berth by departing from a higher island. We departed Guadeloupe for Bonaire. You will also have better winds with this angle.

Grenada offers affordable haul outs as does Curacao Marine in the ABCs. Rates for work done on these islands are equivalent to USA prices. You will not really see lower rates unless you are willing to go to Trinidad & Tobago, Colombia or Central America.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - San Blas Islands, Panama

www.creampuff.us