Re: Long term storage options in southern Caribbean

Giorgio Ardrizzi

Hi James, I left for the second year my Amel Sharki from Peake Shipyard in Chaguaramas Bay Trinidad.
The shipyard works like a Swiss watch and all the staff is very helpful.
The prices compared to the various marinas on the islands are much lower and the service it's great.
They have a shipchandler inside and various technicians capable of performing any kind of work.
In addition, Trinidad is practically at the lower end of the hurricane belt and is an event that occurred 3 or 4 times in a century.
In this moment there are 4 Amel in the yard.
Write an email to Daniella, the person responsible for the reservations and get a quote for your boat.
The address is: reservations@...

If you want more info I am at your disposal.
Good luck.
Giorgio Ardrizzi
Saudade III - Sharki #1

Il Sab 23 Mar 2019, 21:19 James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
I'd like to ask the forum for recommendations on safe and affordable locations for storing our boat for 3 - 4 months.
Martinique is a great option, but there are perhaps better locations for getting work manual labor type jobs done at more affordable rates.
Grenada seems to be historically a popular place, but I wonder about the current situation with more instability in nearby Venezuela.

Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Best,
James Cromie
SV Soteria #347
Culebra