Re: Lee Sails or equivalent

Hajé Weisfelt

Hi Miles,

I bought mine 10 years ago. Als plain slab reefs. Saved more then 70% compared to Elstrom or Gaastra. G1 and Mizzen are now bit worn, but still in shape. Main, g2, jib, storm jib still as new. Level of communication to customer was great. I wanted the stainless wire in the reefs and they didn't understand this at first. Several photos and drawing further they said oké and four weeks later I had my sails.
Still 100% satisfied.
Cheers, Hajé
Sharki 104, Charmed II, Herkingen, Holland

Op ma 18 mrt. 2019 20:16 schreef smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

Hello

Does anyone have any experience of Lee Sails?

We are considering them as an almost half price alternative for UK manufactured sails.

Normally we get what we pay to a degree  but the price difference is enough for me to pause and consider.

Our Maramu has the single spreader isomat masts without furler ( just slab reefing ) so reasonably simple sails

I am being quoted for fully battened with cars that go into the mast luff box - we have them currently and they work ok.

Any thoughts or experience most welcome

Many thanks

Miles
Maramu 162