Re: Navionics chart plotter chips --Discontinued??

Alan Leslie

Hi Eric,

It doesn't seem to be that big a deal, take a look at :

https://www.gps-repeaters.com/blog/gps-week-number-rollover-april-6th-2019/

Where they say :

"This situation won’t affect a receiver’s ability to navigate and/or calculate precise time, but it has the potential to create week, month and year timestamps that are wildly wrong"

So if all you are using your GPS for is to navigate...that's certainly what I use it for...it shouldn't be a big issue.

And as they say here ;

"if unsure the best advice is to check with the manufacturer of the devices you use"

I checked with Furuno's website about our GP-90 Navigator and they say it's not an issue for that unit.

All the best
Alan
Elyse SM437