Re: Long term storage options in southern Caribbean

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hi James,

In company with another boat owned by a former Minister of the French Govt, we encountered few problems except the incredibly bureaucracy to check into the islands.  MIND YOU, THIS WAS LAST YEAR and I would not go there now unless I had VLAD the PUTIN on my crew list!!

The islands are fabulous and the people warm and charming.  Dont talk about Maduro….

:-)

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM 007

On 24 Mar 2019, at 09:19, James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie@...> wrote:

I'd like to ask the forum for recommendations on safe and affordable locations for storing our boat for 3 - 4 months.
Martinique is a great option, but there are perhaps better locations for getting work manual labor type jobs done at more affordable rates.
Grenada seems to be historically a popular place, but I wonder about the current situation with more instability in nearby Venezuela.

Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Best,
James Cromie
SV Soteria #347
Culebra