Re: Dessalator AC motor

I agree. Nicolas Bouffartigue is very helpful...and remember he was not working for Dessalator when they faked the TDS quality sensor in the D160 control PCB. 

Spectra is making a high capacity watermaker with an integrated and continuous TDS tester with a digital readout. BUT, you can adjust the readout up or down. Think about this. If you were buying a boat with this Spectra watermaker and relied on the integrated tester, what are you really relying on? Although Spectra has one of the best customer service departments of all watermaker companies, I really do not like the system.

I still believe the Dessalator watermaker to be one of the best available, but I admit that my experience with other brands is limited. Thankfully, all brands use basically the same membranes made by Filmtec.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019, 1:25 AM Rink De Haan <rinkdehaan@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Last year I had to replace the gap meter (the glass tube at the panel) of my D160 water maker. I contacted Nicolas Bouffartigue of Dessalator and was excellently helped both with the selection of the right model and the installation instructions.
So not always that bad.

Best regards
Rink
SM2K #330

Van: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io namens Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...>
Verzonden: woensdag, maart 27, 2019 2:39 AM
Aan: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Dessalator AC motor

Hi Mohammad,

Indeed, he is very helpful.  He knows these units like he designed them! :-)

However, Dessalator themselves are no use for after sales. 

Cheers to both of you.

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007

On 27 Mar 2019, at 12:26, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi JP;

Try contacting Martin, their main tech support guy. He has always been very helpful to us and very knowledgeable. 

His number is +33 6 07 34 65 11 &    +34 637 890 333

Respectfully;

Mohammad And Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

On Mar 26, 2019, at 2:27 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre via Groups.Io <jp.germain45@...> wrote:

FWIW, I’ve resolved to bypass Dessalator for any spares. Their “after sales” service is inexistent.  They do not even have payment via CC.

We’ve been told this factor was important in their loss of the Lagoon contract.

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 27 Mar 2019, at 10:20, Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Thanks Arno and Bill

Exactly what I need.

This is indeed a standard 1hp/0.75kW motor.

Dessalator price Eu 500 .....Ebay generic motor A$130 !!

Problem solved, not worth repairing it

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.