Re: Long term storage options in southern Caribbean

Noonsite thinks you can:

Varadero Aruba Marina & Boatyard

Bucutiweg #34 , Oranjestad , Aruba
Tel:+297 588 3850
Fax:
VHF Channel 16
info@...
New 8ft dredged channel, 40 ton travel lift, 20 and 60 ton hydraulic trailers. Max length 80ft, max width 40ft (multi-hulls).<br> Located outside the hurricane belt. Enlarged shore storage area plus being an entrepot area which allows exemption to the 180 day stay limit. Full repair services.<br> Fuel, WiFi and restaurant.

And a Noonsite contributor says: Nov 2017 - Varadero marina in Aruba is a very good place to haul out the boat, and to leave it for the season.

Good things:
1.Out of Hurricane belt
2.Very professional at the yard, all lifting/launching operation were carefully managed
3.Reasonably priced
4.Close to the airport
5.A good bar/restaurant in the marina.

Not so good:
1. A little bit far from the city and the shops, you must rely on taxi (expensive), a bus (very few during the day), or your dinghy: in five minutes through the lagoon you will be at Reinassance Hotel/harbour in the city center.
2. Rats in the yard, when leaving the boat do not leave any ropes from the deck to the ground, or your anchor chain dangling.
3.The place is close to the airport, so noise and gas smell are dominant.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:53 AM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

James,

I’m not sure you can get into Varadero marina and boatyard. It is not surveyed. Our charts show “Unsurveyed. Depths between 7 and 10 ft. Stoney”. Do they have a privately maintained channel? I know they do dredging as part of their operations so perhaps this is the case. Else, Aruba is a really nice duty free island with cheap airfares to and from the USA.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - San Blas Islands, Panama

www.creampuff.us