Genoa sheet cars removal

smiles bernard

Hi there

My Genoa car pin lifting wheel broke yesterday so the removal of the sheet cars has now become a must do rather than a
‘nice to do’ service job

Some people have suggested to undo the fwd stanchion base and push it aside

Just to confirm - my stanchion base is bolted through the toe rail and has metal cheeks each side of that toe rail so pushing it amid ships is not an option

Those who have had success with this - did you push the stanchion fwd? Does this gain enough clearance?
It looks like it would be hard to push the stanchion fwd but perhaps it’s just a brute force thing and hope it goes back afterwards?

Many thanks in advance

Miles

Maramu 162

I’ve looked again at the stanchion based

Sent from my iPhone