Re: Re :[AmelYachtOwners] Genoa sheet cars removal

smiles bernard

Thanks for this Christian

I have two problems I think!

One is the pin wheel

10mm pin OD as you say - picture attached

So I’d like to fix that

image1.jpeg

Could you kindly explain again your solution?

I’m not clear about the 2mm gap you mention and how this works.

I assume I can get a metal disc cut for a new wheel but I’m unsure how to reattach it to the pin whilst inside the Genoa car.

Many thanks for any further info you could provide !

The other problem is the actual car itself - the top metal section is wearing thin so I’d like to replace soon too but I will have to remove the car for this so I’m still trying to work out if I can avoid cutting a small end section of the T track ‘T’ profile off.
Others have mentioned that the stanchions can be moved but I still don’t quite see how as mine are through bolted with no means to move them to port/starboard direction. If others who have done this could advise I would be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance

Miles
Maramu 162
Martenique

On 29 Mar 2019, at 08:48, christian alby via Groups.Io <calbyy@...> wrote:

Hi there Miles,
Had 2 alm alloy wheels shattered (genoa & jibsheet travellers) already, & given the difficul task of removing the travellers, had 2 wheels cut off at original wheel dimensions,
25 mm OD - 5 MM Thk - 10 mm dia center hole
 then sliced one sector with 2 mm gap to allow the wheel to be inserted back in traveller, under spring.
Works fine until now (fitted since June 2018) & 4 spares ready to cover further failures.
Fair winds

Christian alby - Desirade VIII Maramu 116 - now in Canet en Roussillon

Hi there