Re: Anchor Chain

Giorgio Ardrizzi

Hi Tom, I have a 10 mm chain from 1990 and since 1992 I live 8 months a year on board, almost always anchoring. In 1998 I had the chain sandblasted and galvanized in Buenos Aires and to this day it is still in good condition. Be careful because it must be a company that specializes in the galvanization of moving parts because the risk is that the links of the chain stick together and the zinc comes off when you try to separate them. This galvanization was much better than the original one.
Giorgio Ardrizzi (Saudade III - Sharki #1)

Il Ven 29 Mar 2019, 17:34 amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> ha scritto:
Hello amel group on the subject of new anchor chain what do you think about re-galvanizing the anchor chain thanks Tom Amel Maramu #125