Re: Genoa sheet cars removal

amel46met

Hi Miles I have had my railings off twice unscrew the through bolts at the base of the stanchion forward end of track , lift up and outboard . my old Maramu did not have adjustable sheet cars I put new ones on , turning blocks and cleats very easy job Tom Deasy Amel Maramu number 125-1983

On Mar 29, 2019, at 1:16 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Miles,
on the SM there is a one sided base so it is easy to push it inwards once the screws are out.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl
On 29 March 2019 at 23:39 "smiles bernard via Groups.Io" <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi there
My Genoa car pin lifting wheel broke yesterday so the removal of the sheet cars has now become a must do rather than a
‘nice to do’ service job

Some people have suggested to undo the fwd stanchion base and push it aside

Just to confirm - my stanchion base is bolted through the toe rail and has metal cheeks each side of that toe rail so pushing it amid ships is not an option

Those who have had success with this - did you push the stanchion fwd? Does this gain enough clearance?
It looks like it would be hard to push the stanchion fwd but perhaps it’s just a brute force thing and hope it goes back afterwards?

Many thanks in advance

Miles

Maramu 162

I’ve looked again at the stanchion based

Sent from my iPhone