Re: Pump running

Pat,

You didn't say which pump you have. If you have the Amel original pump, I can send more information.

Yes, all marine freshwater systems have a one-way valve, which allows the system to hold pressure. Sometimes this valve will fail, and more often it will get a piece of debris lodged in it.

Which pump do you have? Picture?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 7:36 AM Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
For over a month my water pump comes on for a second,every 15 minutes or so. I have not been able to find any leaks. I just thought of one possibility, a leak in a valve for flushing the membranes ,which is impossible to determine as the outlet is at the waterline. A second possible cause I was think of is the water pump,and this is my question.Can a water pump have an internal leak allowing water to flow back to the tank,thus reducing the pressure and kicking on the pump?
Thanks,
Pat
SM#123
Christmas Cove,USVI