Re: Amel SM 2000 in the UK

Teun BAAS

Morning John,

Spoke to some people here in the marina and apparently the MARAMU for sale is NOT the boat from the South American lady (Magdalena ??). Seems to be a different MARAMU.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT

April 2, 2019 05:15:53

Sent: Monday, April 1, 2019 10:14
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: RE: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel SM 2000 in the UK

John,

Not sure it is the same boat; can very well be.

I have met & know the lady you mention but have not seen her since I left NEW CAL 3 ½ months ago.

The boat listed on the bulletin board is at this moment the (rough) equivalent of USD150K.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT

April 1, 2019 10:13:34

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN HAYES via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 18:33
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel SM 2000 in the UK

Pretty sure I looked at it a couple of years ago…

The male partner died his lady from South America had inherited and was selling it;  but wanted an unrealistic price…………high by even Noumea standards. Ports were uv damaged and needed replacing. Motor was fairly new having been replaced in Japan. Two years sitting in tropical sun will also have taken a toll on running rigging etc.

Maybe price expectations by now have moved to a more realistic level…………..if it’s the same boat

Best

John Hayes

Nga Waka

Wellington NZ

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Teun BAAS <teun@...>
Reply-To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, 31 March 2019 at 8:02 PM
To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>

Just returned last week to my boat in NOUEMA - NEW CALEDONIA and noticed on the Marina bulletin board an AMEL MARAMU 46 1986 for sale. The note says that she is ready & equipped for a round the world voyage.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54 #128

NOUMEA  NEW CALEDONIA

March 31, 2019 18:01:40

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Brown via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 20:09
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io

Hi Mark & Nicky,

I’m in a similar position, based in the UK and interested in purchasing an Amel, not sure of the exact model yet but likely a SM.

I’m almost 100% sure that there are no SM's here in the UK. 

There are a couple of Maramu’s for sale in London and here in Scotland there is one Amel, a Maramu called Clova based at Ardfern marina. Clova is available for charter through Argyll Yachts.

You’ll be totally amazed when you finally get on board an Amel. They are built like tanks :o)

Your best bet would be a wee trip to the South of France where there are lots of Amel’s on the market and you can see and compare the range. I was initially looking at a Maramu or Santorin but when you get on board a SM, the extra space really impressed me!

Good luck with your search.

Best wishes,

Scott

On 29 Mar 2019, at 08:29, Mark Barter <markbarter100@...> wrote:

I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks now because I am almost sure that my wife and I want to buy a Super Maramu 2000. 

I say almost sure because we haven’t actually seen one yet in the flesh. I have watched and re watched many boat tours on YouTube but we would really like to see one for real before we commit to searching for one.

If any SM 2000 owner is in the UK would you mind if we came and had a look? We would be very grateful. Many thanks in advance. 

Mark & Nicky

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.