Re: Pump running

Edited

Pat, something like this (Home Depot) will work up to 200PSI. I think that you can find these pressure system check valves in many places, especially places that have water wells and accompanying water pumps.

image.png
Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 8:21 AM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pat,

I am not sure my suggested valve will work for you with a freshwater system pressurized to 2 BAR. The valve I posted is for a suction line.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 8:17 AM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pat,

The Jabsco pump has an internal one-way valve, but I am not sure it is serviceable. However, with a leaking internal one-way valve, possibly, you can add an external one-way valve:

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 6:10 AM Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Oliver, I did not know to even think of that possibility. I will have a look, we have the foot pedal depress as it would rub on the sink door. Bill I have Jabsco pump ,original long gone.
Thanks,
Pat
Sailing to Culebra