Copper earthing/bonding strap broken in bilge on Amel 54

Barry Connor

I have a problem with my keel grounding strap. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
After cleaning out my bilge I saw the earthing strap was broken at the bottom. Rudi (Amel 54 "Wasabi") who is also at Marina di Ragusa has the same problem on his 54. I can see the keel bolt with a nut holding whats left of the strap where it attaches to the keel.
I contacted Amel Hyeres and they do not have a replacement for this copper strap.
Can anyone advise what would be the best and simplest way to go about reconnecting this grounding strap. I can not reach the nut on top of the keel bolt to take off the top nut. I can make out that their is a nut underneath which is holding the keel bolt firmly.
My thought is should I get copper strip or use a heavy gauge copper wire?
Is it possible to get a tool to reach the keel bolt to take off the nut?
The broken strap is still in water at the bottom of the bilge, would this work to make the grounding, and then I would not need to replace the strap? (This is probably a very bad idea, but tell me why as we need to know)
If anyone can advise me and Rudi as to  how to reconnect our broken grounding straps we still have a few weeks before leaving here.

Thank's

Barry and Penelope Connor
"Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54. #17