Re: Copper earthing/bonding strap broken in bilge on Amel 54

Rick Grimes

You have lots of help on this one. But I’ll offer up this (used on my ASM2K): While in Panama, I purchased a 1/4th inch thick copper bar, bent it into shape and installed it to replace my paper thin copper strap (which, like yours, had worn out and was detached.)  You will need to measure it out carefully and have the tools to bend it and to drill the right size hole to fit the bolt. Maybe over done but it will last a lot longer.  I used duct tape to keep the nut in place when I put it back on.   Good luck!

--
Rick & Linda Grimes
S/V Rascal