Re: Dessalator shuts down for no apparent reason - CAT Pump Modification for less than 160 liters

Paul Dowd <paul.dowd@...>

Bill,

I do believe Arno is right about the motor overheating. I changed over to using the 230V motor and that got very hot and then came to a halt. So I am puzzled about what it is about the new pump that is causing both motors to overheat. Could it be belts too tight? I allow for about an inch of depression in the middle. Could it be too much oil in the pump or the wrong kind?

I do not think it is any of the possibilities you mentioned Bill as the red light dos not come on, the pressure is normal, and the water seems fine.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98