Re: Copper earthing/bonding strap broken in bilge on Amel 54

James Alton

Tom,

I also need to replace the bonding strap on my Maramu and took Bill’s advice to purchase some 1/8” x 2” copper. I think that using the thicker copper is a good idea and should make the strap less vulnerable to damage from bilge cleaning and corrosion. Since I am not at my boat currently I scaled the drawing for the Maramu and determined that the copper strap length should be around 55-60” so I purchased a 5’ pc. I will post the exact measurements once I have done this job on Sueno. Perhaps someone else that has done this job on a Maramu can confirm the required strap length and also the size of the nut on the aft keel bolt holding the strap.

Best of luck with your project,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Apr 2, 2019, at 5:42 PM, amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone Bill do you have information for the bonding strap on a 1983 Maramu thanks Tom
Aphrodite #123
Saint Bart’s