Re: Copper earthing/bonding strap broken in bilge on Amel 54

Rainer Huthmacher

Does anyone know about a keel bonding strap on a Sharki? I assume it should be the same as on a Maramu or Mango...
Fair winds
Rainer

On 3 Apr 2019, at 03:05, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I also used this method however I used a thicker and wider strap.

I also used a torch with solder  and bolts to fasten the top of the old bonding strap to my new one.

Having some ratchet wrench extensions is a good thing to have on board without having to fabricate a T handle. Be sure to tape the extensions together just in case.

If you happen to be in the USA you can but almost any flat copper strap or plate from McMaster Carr. This is an incredible website they have everything mechanical you need. Their paper catalog is over 3000 pages.

Check it out.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376