Yacht insurance

James Cromie

Hello fellow Amelians -
I know that there has been recent discussion on various insurance carriers, and many people have found the need to change insurers due to geographic limitations or extremely restrictive policies.

I am now in the same predicament and am looking to change from Pantaenius to another insurer while in the Southern / Western Caribbean during the hurricane season.
 I have inquired with Y-Yachts and Top Sail, and both of these informed me that they cannot yet insure US documented yachts.
I have found Novamar to be reasonably priced and will allow us to keep our boat in the ABC's during the hurricane season.

Do any of you have experience with Novamar?
I am also interested in recommendations for other carriers.

As always, I greatly appreciate the time and shared experience of the group!

Best,
James
Soteria SM2000 #347
Frederiksted, St. Croix