Re: Yacht insurance

Mark Erdos

James,

I just made the same change due to the parameters of Pantaenius. We are not US flagged and I have a British citizenship so this gave us a lot more options. We opted to go with Y-Yacht and found them super easy to deal with and less expensive than our current policy with Pantaenius. Our second choice was Novamar based on recommendations of other cruising sailors, also cheaper than Pantaenius. We chose Y because the Pacific coverage offered by them was superior. If we would be staying in the Caribbean we probably would have opted for Novamar. Novamar is an A-rated company using the USA rating system. There is a very good agent we worked with (it cost nothing more to work with him) who can help negotiate the initial requirements to get a policy:

Chris Boome Insurance Agency

LIC# 0A99058

751 Laurel Street #216

San Carlos, CA 94070

O: 650-517-3160  C: 650-464-0728

WWW.CHRISBOOME.COM

E-mail: chris@...

Based on many recommendations, we also look at a Jackline policy from IMIS – Gowrie. We found this company very rude and unresponsive. The quote was also very high.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - San Blas Islands, Panama

www.creampuff.us