Pantaenius provided coverage if we remained north of 7 degrees north, and south of 10 degrees north during July 15 and November 1. This excludes Grenada, Trinidad, and the ABCs. Of course, they will provide coverage without that restriction if we were willing to pay $8,200 premium and have a deductible of $63,000.  This renders the policy prohibitively expensive for us.  In addition, their securement  policy during a named tropical storm would be difficult to execute in most locations.

So, yes, you can get coverage without them but it is not amenable to our needs.

James

On Apr 4, 2019 10:27, "Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io" <Itsfun1@...> wrote:
James what is the issue with Pantaenius they have told me that I'm fine in Grenada?
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101 St Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie@...>
To: main <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 3, 2019 10:09 pm
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Yacht insurance

Hello fellow Amelians -
I know that there has been recent discussion on various insurance carriers, and many people have found the need to change insurers due to geographic limitations or extremely restrictive policies.

I am now in the same predicament and am looking to change from Pantaenius to another insurer while in the Southern / Western Caribbean during the hurricane season.
 I have inquired with Y-Yachts and Top Sail, and both of these informed me that they cannot yet insure US documented yachts.
I have found Novamar to be reasonably priced and will allow us to keep our boat in the ABC's during the hurricane season.

Do any of you have experience with Novamar?
I am also interested in recommendations for other carriers.

As always, I greatly appreciate the time and shared experience of the group!

Best,
James
Soteria SM2000 #347
Frederiksted, St. Croix