Re: Yacht insurance

Courtney,

Something to consider:
When was your Pantaenius policy written? It is possible that newer Pantaenius policies are even more restrictive. If so, what James is reporting may come to be true for you when your Pantaenius policy renews.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Courtney-
Pantaenius provided coverage if we remained north of 7 degrees north, and south of 10 degrees north during July 15 and November 1. This excludes Grenada, Trinidad, and the ABCs. Of course, they will provide coverage without that restriction if we were willing to pay $8,200 premium and have a deductible of $63,000.  This renders the policy prohibitively expensive for us.  In addition, their securement  policy during a named tropical storm would be difficult to execute in most locations.

So, yes, you can get coverage without them but it is not amenable to our needs.

James

On Apr 4, 2019 10:27, "Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io" <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
James what is the issue with Pantaenius they have told me that I'm fine in Grenada?
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101 St Thomas