Re: Yacht insurance

John Clark

Hi James,
   Yes we got booted from TopSail UK for 2019 thanks to the US registration.  We eventually settled with IMIS and the Jackline policy.  It is about 40% more expensive than the policy we had with TopSail, but their hurricane exclusion area is north of Grenada and south of Jacksonville FL.

Be careful a few of the other policies we quoted would not cover the vessel at all for any casualty during hurricane season when inside the hurricane zone even if there was no storm present.

John Clark
SV Annie  SM37
Brunswick GA

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:09 PM James Cromie via Groups.Io <jamescromie=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello fellow Amelians -
I know that there has been recent discussion on various insurance carriers, and many people have found the need to change insurers due to geographic limitations or extremely restrictive policies.

I am now in the same predicament and am looking to change from Pantaenius to another insurer while in the Southern / Western Caribbean during the hurricane season.
 I have inquired with Y-Yachts and Top Sail, and both of these informed me that they cannot yet insure US documented yachts.
I have found Novamar to be reasonably priced and will allow us to keep our boat in the ABC's during the hurricane season.

Do any of you have experience with Novamar?
I am also interested in recommendations for other carriers.

As always, I greatly appreciate the time and shared experience of the group!

Best,
James
Soteria SM2000 #347
Frederiksted, St. Croix