Re: Dessalator shuts down for no apparent reason - CAT Pump Modification for less than 160 liters

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Mark,

See attached. There’s not much to see really – just the connection to the probes that sit in the pipe. I think the clever stuff must be done in the controller.

An interesting development is that my watermaker is no longer getting to the “good quality” stage so I’m not making water at the moment. I measured TDS at 420ppm and have asked Dessalator what the threshold is. I’m now thinking new membranes. Mine are 11 years old.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98