Re: Dessalator shuts down for no apparent reason - CAT Pump Modification for less than 160 liters

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Mark,

See attached. There’s not much to see really – just the connection to the probes that sit in the pipe. I think the clever stuff must be done in the controller.

An interesting development is that my watermaker is no longer getting to the “good quality” stage so I’m not making water at the moment. I measured TDS at 420ppm and have asked Dessalator what the threshold is. I’m now thinking new membranes. Mine are 11 years old.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Mueller
Sent: 04 April 2019 09:08
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Dessalator shuts down for no apparent reason - CAT Pump Modification for less than 160 liters

Hi Paul,
If not to much trouble could you please forward a photo of the TDS sensor, I would like to see if the Dessalator on our version includes this item.  I have always heard that the TDS sensor on at least the Dessalator 160's is a myth.  That the "Good Quality" light related only to a time delay circuit in the control system not an actual internal check.  Thanks.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.