Running the engine at high rpms and the Amel drive

Joerg Esdorn

When I bought my A55 four years ago, I received the standard advice that it's good for a diesel to be run at full throttle once a day for something like 3 minutes.  I've followed that advice when I've remembered it and at full rpms (2400), the vibrations are pretty strong.  I've now completed the first service of my Amel drive (after 750 hours) and the bushing had 3 pretty deep groves from the seal rings.  I'm wondering whether those groves have something to do with the vibrations from running the engine at high rpms once a day.  Thoughts?  Do others follow the practice of running the engine at high rpms once a day?  I usually run at 1350 - 1500 rpms depending on conditions.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
Currently at Marina di Ragusa, Sicily