Re: Diesel Class

karkauai

Hi Woody,
I don’t know if they would allow us to video it or not. If so, I could set up a go pro and just videoed the whole thing.

If that’s possible I will see what I can do.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Apr 8, 2019, at 7:36 AM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Kent,

There is a very good diesel class in Annapolis at the Annapolis School of Seamanship. It is divided into two parts, the first two days being basic maintenance and second two days being advanced diagnostics. I took both segments and highly recommend it. It is not cheap. The class includes hands on time on engines. For the final exam, I was in a group of three and our task was to start the engine we were assigned. It took us all day to get it running smoothly but it was at this point I realize how much I had learned.

This is one of the most in demand classes at the AASS. They sell out well in advance and can be booked on-line. The second class has about half the seats of the first due to the time spent in the workshop on the engines.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - San Blas Islands, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, April 7, 2019 5:58 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Diesel Class

Hi all,

I tried a couple of years ago to put together a diesel maintenance and repair class for Amel owners with Mac Boring in New Jersey. I couldn’t make it work then, but I am going to try again.  They make an effort to have the engines available that we own, when ever possible.  In years past they had 4-6 participants on each engine who took it apart and put it back together again.  They are now offering 2-3 day classes on maintenance and simple repairs, but are willing to work with us and develop a more comprehensive class if that’s what we want.

id like to do it in late July, August or September if possible.

Anyone interested in a comprehensive (4 to 7 day) class, please contact me at karkauai@....  I’ll need your engine make and model, a description of what you’d like to get out of the class, and any dates which will NOT work for you.

I will compile the results and see what they can put together for us.

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can get to work on this.
thanks
Kent
Kristy
SM 243

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.