Leece Neville/Prestolite: 8SC3009ZA // 8SC3157V 24v 175A, 8SC/SCJ-series alternator

David Vogel

Greetings all,

I have been reviewing my SPARES holding in preparation for a few years out there in the South Pacific, and updating my current reference material.

Below, condensed information / brief data sheet for the high-output alternator fitted to many SMs and, no doubt, other marques.

I know that this info (below) is mostly lifted straight from the Presolite website, but it may also be useful to have this in-forum. Rationale: I download the emails (from both the old and new forum), and have them stored locally off-line for easy searching and access for when I am off-line, having discovered during my first two years ownership-whilst-cruising that, often, when one most needs this info, is also the time when you're in a remote area (no internet), or the internet / WiFi / cellphone connection decides to 'go out / become intermittent'.

Blue skies,

David
SM#396/Perigee
Panama (temporarily with good internet)

++++
Data sheet: Leece Neville/Prestolite 24v 175A, 8SC/SCJ-series alternator with an inbuilt regulator

This series of alternators is generally utilised for Heavy Duty Truck, Marine, Air Conditioning, Off Highway, Agriculture, and Construction applications.

List Price: $1,292.79
Website Only Price: $701.40
Weight: 30 lb

Original Model Number 8SC3009ZA is discontinued, superseded by 8SC3157V
http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_products/specs.php?item_detail_id=841&item=8SC3009ZA

Voltage regulator: OEM part number 8RL3021 / 105-351 has been superseded by p/n 8RL3024S.
Brush box replacement: K185103972S.

http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_contact/

+++++
Product Specifications
Spec Value
Item number 8SC3157V
Sales number N/A
Series number 8SC/SCJ
System voltage 24
Output 175
Mounting style J180
Dimensions in INCHES
Rotation CLOCKWISE
Housing coating RAW
UL Approved No
Mounting bolt size .505-.520
Mounting ear size 1/2-13
Mounting holes 3
Positive stud size 5/16-24
Negative stud size 1/4-28
Rectifier location INTERNAL
Shaft diameter 7/8 INCH
Excitation type
Regulator location Integral
Regulator number 8RL3136
Diode trio Yes
Pulley included No
Lamp driver No
Adjustable regulator No
Remote sense No
Smart check No
Batteryless No

National stocking number (8SC3009ZA): 6115-01-448-2953

Various Publications
Application Information: http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_products/app_guide_per_part.php?pei_part_ref=8SC3009ZA
Cross Reference Information: http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_products/xref_per_part.php?pei_part_ref=8SC3009ZA
Brochure: PP1140_8sc.pdf ( 587K )

8SC-SCJ Maintenance Manual: http://www.prestolite.com/literature/tech/alts/TSM1002_8SC-SCJ_Maintenance_Manual.pdf (6.5 mb)

Parts Breakdown: http://www.prestolite.com/images_alts/partslist/SP1017_8SC-SCJ_parts_list-web.pdf ( 4557K )

Service parts list for the 8SC-SCJ series alternators: http://www.prestolite.com/literature/tech/alts/partslist/SP1017_8SC-SCJ_parts_list-web.pdf (1.6 mb)

Hardware kit for 8SC-SCJ series alternators: http://www.prestolite.com/literature/tech/alts/TSB-3018_8SC-SCJ_hardware.pdf (599 kb)

PP1113_AG_Const: http://www.prestolite.com/literature/alts/PP1113_AG_Const.pdf ( 259K )

Bearing Change procedure for the 8SC/SCJ series alternators overhaul kit. http://www.prestolite.com/literature/tech/alts/TSB-1105%208SC_SCJ%20Bearing%20Change.pdf (3.6 mb)

Technical Service bulletin for the changing of the brushes for the 8SC and SCJ alternators. http://www.prestolite.com/literature/tech/alts/TSB-1167_%208SC_SCJ%20brush%20change.pdf (103 kb)

http://www.prestolite.com/ literature/tech/alts/TSB-1041_ regulator_field_service.pdf

https://www.ase-supply.com/Leece_Neville_110_258_24V_175_amp_ALTERNATOR_p/mo-110-258.htm

Prestolite Electric Inc. // Leece-Neville Heavy Duty Systems
Global Headquarters
30120 Hudson Drive
Novi, MI 48377 Phone: 1-866-463-7078
Fax: (248) 863-2341

Manufacturing, OE Sales
400 Main Street
Arcade, NY, USA 14009
Toll free: (800) 216-9132
Phone: (585) 492-1700
Fax: (585) 492-1660

Distribution, Aftermarket Sales
7585 Empire Drive
Florence, Kentucky, USA, 41042
Toll free: (800) 354-0560
Toll free fax: (800) 997-6202
Phone: (859) 525-8801
Fax: (859) 525-8814

Customer Service
   for any customer-related services
US Aftermarket Customers
Florence, KY USA
Toll free: (800) 354-0560
Phone: (859) 525-8801

US Original Equipment Customers
Arcade, NY USA
Phone: (585) 492-1700
Fax: (585) 492-1660

Suppliers
https://www.ase-supply.com/Leece_Neville_110_258_24V_175_amp_ALTERNATOR_p/mo-110-258.htm
http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_products/specs.php?item_detail_id=34092&item=8SC3157V&product=Alternator
   Looking for a sales or customer service representative?
     Download our US territories map (pdf)

Technical Service
   connect directly to our tech service group
Technical Service Hotline Phone: (844) 492-4062

   Looking for a technical service representative?
     Download our US tech service map (pdf)

 Warranty
    North America Warranty
Toll free: (800) 428-5061

Help available on-line
   your question may have already been answered!
Check out the forum for answers to common (and not-so-common) questions on any of these topics:

* • Customer service ◦ Purchasing
* Pricing
* RFQ's
* Warranty info
* Website issues • Product support ◦ Alternators
* Starter Motors
* Instruments
* Batteries
* DC motors, hydraulic pumps
* Electronic ignition systems
* Component parts

   You can send an e-mail to our general account, and someone will read it:
     info@...

 Website Contacts
   well, if you've made it this far you can always try the website guys:

RJ Haberer
Website / Database Programming 585.653.5436
rhaberer@...

Cross-Reference Information
Company Part number
CATERPILLAR, INC. 490-3265
CATERPILLAR, INC. 509-8682
CUMMINS INC 3088320
DAIMLER TRUCKS NORTH AMERICA LN 8SC3157V
EUROPART MATERIALS GMBH 5240083157
INTERNATIONAL TRUCK & ENGINE LN8SC3157V
KOMATSU AMERICA INTL CO PB6876
MTU AMERICA INC 23520958